Code Club provides everything you need to volunteer at a free Code Club for 9 - 13 year olds at a school in your local area.
- Commit for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Spend 1 hour per week, usually after school
- Help around 15 young people aged 9-13 to use the Code Club projects
- Volunteer solo, or team up with friends or colleagues and take turns
- A club host will be there at the venue to support you
Learn new skills whilst inspiring the next generation of coders and digital makers
You don’t need to be a coding genius to volunteer, you just need to be willing to learn some basic Scratch, Python, or HTML alongside your club. In fact, using our projects with young people is a great way for you to learn new skills.
How to get Started as a Code Club Volunteer
Step 1: Register on our website.
Step 2: Apply for your background check — we will guide you through the process.
Step 3: Connect with a club near you using the search tool on our site.
Step 4: Meet the club organiser and prepare for the club.
Step 5: Ask the club organiser to add you to the club on our site.
Step 6: Use the Code Club projects, which are step-by-step guides for the children to follow, to run the club sessions.
Step 7: Check out the extra resources for active clubs in your dashboard.
Please note: unfortunately we cannot cover expenses for our volunteers.
We run free training to help you get started with Code Club
To give you more information, tips, and ideas before you start volunteering, access free online training with our FutureLearn course, Prepare to Run a Code Club or attend a face to face training session in your area.
How Code Club will support you
Our team are here to support you on your journey to becoming a Code Club volunteer:
- Meet our team of Regional Coordinators at the meetups they run in your local area
- Email us for support, or if you have questions at any point
- Talk to us online in our forums or Twitter chats
- Regular updates about new projects and resources straight to your inbox
- Our FAQs page is also full of useful information